How to disable Windows Messenger?
In order to turn off the windows messenger we have to undergo following steps:
For Windows XP Professional
1. Click on Start then click on Run
2. Type the following gpedit.msc, click OK.
3. In option of group policy, expand Local Computer Policy then expand Computer Configuration, then Administrative Templates, then Windows Components, and finally expand the option Windows Messenger.
4. Double click the option of “Do not allow Windows Messenger to be run”, proceed to click on Enabled.
5. Click on OK to save changes.
6. In menu named as file, click on option of exit in order to quit the group policy.
For users with operating system Windows XP Home
1. Click on start then open control panel
2. Click on performance and maintenance, make your you switch to category view instead of classical view.
3. Single click on the option named as administrative tools
4. Then double click on option named as services
5. After that scroll down and then select option messenger
6. Then right click on the selected line and select properties
7. Proceed to click on the stop button
8. Depending on your requirement you can choose disable or manual options scroll bar which is startup type
9. Finally proceed to click OKCategory: Computers