What Are Ten Best Hand Guns In The World?
(1) FN Five Seven: The gun has been designed and is manufactured by Fabrique Nationale d’Herstal; a Belgium arms manufacturer. The pistol is also called FN 5.7; where ‘FN’ denotes the name of the manufacturer and ‘5.7’ (mm) tells the diameter of the bullet the gun fires. The gun’s effective range is 50m, however its maximum range is 1.5 km. It is a semi-automatic gun with the muzzle velocity of 650 m/s. It weights 744 g when loaded and its barrel is 122 mm long. The gun was developed for the military but now a number of civilian shooters are using it. Even the bodyguards of the prime minister of India use it. The gun is being used in the Afghanistan war.
(2) Beretta 92: Also known as Beretta 96 or Beretta 98, the semi-automatic handgun was designed by the Italian manufacturer Fabbrica d’Armi Pietro Beretta. The company was established in 1526 and it is one of the oldest arms manufacturers in the world. The gun weights 970 g and its barrel measures 217 mm in length. The gun is used by the armed forces in the United States military along in addition to the armed forces of about twenty other nations.
(3) Walther P99: It is a semi-automatic handgun designed by Horst Wesp and is manufactured by the German manufacturer Carl Walther Sportwaffen GmbH. The gun is used by the police in Germany, Canada, Poland and Finland. It has a polymer frame and weights 630 g. Its 102 mm long barrel gives it the muzzle velocity of 408 m/s and it has an effective range of 60 m.
(4) QSZ 92: Also known as Ji? Shí Èr Shì Sho?qiàng in China, this semi-automatic pistol is designed and manufactured by the China North Industries Corporation . This 760 g gun has a 111 mm long barrel which gives the fired bullet a velocity of 350 m/s when leaving the barrel of the gun. The gun is used by the People’s Republic Army in China and the Bangladesh Army.
(5) FN-FNP-45: Designed by the Fabrique Nationale d’Herstal, a Belgium arms manufacturer, it is made of polymers and it is a semi-automatic pistol. The gun weighs 919 g and has a barrel length of 114 m. The gun is relatively new in the arms market and it has been in production since 2006.
(6) Mark 23: The official name of the gun is Heckler & Koch MK23 Mod 0. Heckler & Koch is a German arms manufacturer that produces the guns. The gun was designed in the 1990s and it is primarily used by the Indonesian army and the Royal Malaysian Police. The gun weights 1.2 kg and the barrel length of 150 mm gives it a muzzle velocity of 260 m/s.
(7) Glock 17: This plastic pistol came into being in the 1980s when the Austrian military announced tenders for a new handgun to replace their existing World War II era handgun Walther P98. Glock Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung was one of the companies participating in the competition to design the new gun. It took them a couple of years to design the gun and the gun is in production since 1982. The ruggedness of this polymer gun was questioned in the beginning but it is turned out be the company’s most sold gun; it is used by the armed forces of more than three dozen countries.
(8) HS 2000: It is a semi-automatic pistol, which was designed in the early 1990s during the break-up of Yugoslavia and the formation of Croatia as an independent nation. The gun is designed and manufactured by HS Produkt d.o.o. and it is used by the Croatian Army and the police in the United States. The handgun is also known as XD-9 in the United States.
(9) Heckler and Koch USP: The gun is developed by Heckler & Koch GmbH, a German manufacturer, to replace their P7 series handguns. The gun was designed over a period of three years during 1989 – 1992 by an engineer named Helmut Weldle. The barrel length of the gun in the 108 mm and it weights 748 g. The gun is used by the armed forces in more than a dozen nations.
(10) SIG P250: The gun is the result of the collaboration between the German manufacturers J. P. Sauer und Sohn GmbH and its Swiss representative SIG Sauer. The gun is a semi-automatic pistol, weights 875 g and its barrel length is 98 mm. The handgun has been in production since 2003 and it is primarily used by the police in Hong Kong.