Acne can be referred as a skin condition and this term is relative to the terms zits or pimples. Acne can occur at any age and at any part of body. But it is more common in teenagers and commonly it strike back and face of an individual. Acne can’t be treated in a single day, but you should take some necessary steps in order to deal with the problem of acne. Preventing acne is the best cure for it; try to stay away from all the acne contributing factors. This article will provide you some important tips to deal with the problem of acne.
Tips to avoid acne
1. You should remove all the bacteria from your skin pores. For this removal, you can use various anti-bacterial products that contain benzoyl peroxide. You should use these anti bacterial products, twice in a day, for cleaning the affected region of the skin. Sometimes, use of anti bacterial products causes irritation, redness and dryness. In that case you should use warm water. Warm water is also helpful in cleaning the skin pores.
2. You should leave the habit of touching the face again and again.
3. Don’t allow your cell phone to touch your face skin.
4. You should avoid any oil exposure to your skin, so change your bed sheets and pillowcase at least once in a week. Otherwise they will transfer bacteria and dust particles (oil) to your skin and then it will cause acne.
5. You should always use only non comedogenic makeup and moisturizers. Always choose those cosmetics that are hypoallergenic and water-based. You should strictly avoid any oil based cosmetics. Wash your face before going to sleep, in order to remove all the residues of make-up.
6. Research shows that there is a close relationship between the acne and diet. You should take a healthy diet in order to prevent the acne. Use of fruit juices and health drinks is helpful against occurrence of acne.
7. You should consume soy milk and various other healthy food products (that are rich in calcium).
8. Excessive consumption of the food that contain high levels of iodine (seafood), participate in occurrence of acne.
9. You should not consume large amount of sweets.
10. You should not use any medications that contain halogens (chlorides, iodides, bromides etc), barbiturates, androgens or lithium.
11. You should wash your face at least one time in a day, but do no go for over washing. Because over washing will cause the production of more oil on the skin.
12. You should also consult a dermatologist, to get a suitable prescription.
1. Do not go for any major change in your regular diet without consulting a dermatologist.
2. Do not scratch out the acne, it will worsen the situation. Actually you should scrub your face only if there is no pimple on the face. Scrubbing should be light.
3. You should try to keep your body hydrated.
4. You should also avoid the drinking of alcoholic drinks and eating of spicy food.
5. You should drink green tea or herbal tea at least once in a day.
These tips won’t solve your acne problem 100% but will surely help in avoiding more damage.