(1) The Holy Bible: Originally written in Hebrew and Greek, the Bible is the sacred book of the Christians and it has been translated into virtually all the languages in the world. The Bible is a collection of many 66 small books which were composed over centuries. The Bible officially came into being during the 16th century. It is estimated that more than 2.5 billion copies of the Bible have been sold.
(2) Quotations of the Chairman Mao: The book is more famous in the English-speaking world as The Little Red Book. The book contains collected quotes of the chairman Mao. The book was first published in 1964 and according to an estimate more than 800-900 billion have been sold. The book has been translated into more than 50 languages.
(3) The Holy Qur’an: It is the most sacred of all texts in Islam. The verses in the Qur’an are considered to be the words of the Allah which were revealed to the prophet Mohammed. The Qur’an was first complied in Arabic around the 7th century. The book has been translated into 114 languages.
(4) The Xinhua Dictionary: The dictionary is the world’s most referred work and it is also known as Xinhua Zidian. It is a Chinese language dictionary. Wei Jiangong was its chief editor and more than 400 million copies of this dictionary have been sold worldwide. The dictionary was originally published in 1957 under the guidance of Chinese Academy of Social Sciences.
(5) Poems of Chairman Mao: The book was first published in 1996 and it contains over 125 poems composed by the Chairman Mao during the years 1935 – 1946. The book had a profound effect on the Chinese intellectuals and the writing style of Chairman Mao is still a subject of study. The book deals with many matters.
(6) Selected Works of Chairman Mao: The book was 20th century’s most influential books. The first volume of the book first published in the former Soviet Union in July, 1945. The book was published in four volumes. More than 252 million copies of the book have been sold. The book deals with many subjects ranging from how to bring about change in society to more subtle topics.
(7) A Tale of Two Cities: It is a novel written by the famous English writer Charles Dickens. The novel was published in parts in a weekly. The novel started appearing in April 1859 and the instalments continued till November of the same year. It is the most sold book in the English language; more than 200 million copies have been sold.
(8) Scouting for Boys: A Handbook for Instruction in Good Citizenship: The book was written in by Robert Baden Powell, a lieutenant general in the British Army, in 1908. It was the first book on the Scout Movement. The book has sold more than 150 million copies.
(9) The Lord of the Rings: Written by an Oxford university professor, J. R. R. Tolkien, the novel was written in stages from 1937 – 1947. The book has been translated into many languages. It was one of the most popular books of the 20th century and more than 150 million copies of the book have been sold.
(10) Book of Mormon: The book was written by Joseph Smith and it was published in 1830. The book of Mormon in divided into several smaller books, each of which is narrated after its so-called narrator and around 150 million copies of the book have been sold worldwide.