“It’s better to have a live-in relationship rather then having a divorced life!” This is common and quite rational line favoring live-in relations in the world. Live in relationship are not new for western countries but these days the concept is adjusting its roots in east also. The word live in is controversial in many terms in eastern countries. But the the 2K generation is so much influenced with this concept, in the whole world. The legal definition of live in relationship is “an arrangement of living under which the couples which are unmarried live together to conduct a long-going relationship similarly as in marriage.”
The basic idea of cohabitation or conducting a live in relationship is that the interested couple wanted to test their compatibility for each other before going for some commitment; the other reasons are some financial concerns or homosexuality. In some parts of world these types of relationships are valid but some countries are highly strict for accepting the concept. It has been found that Younger generation is wider to accept the live in relationships.
This is a general question which can strike at anybody mind that when arrangement of marriage is for two persons in love then why couples are leaning towards the live-in relationships. This question can have multiple answers, but this have been found that almost all the couples perusing a live-in relation are willing to get married someday. But before that they want to spend some time with one another, for understanding each other and to figure out their compatibility. Because they believe that if they found themselves incompatible after marriage then they will have no choice other then compromising their life-styles.
Some couples believe that going for a weeding is just a waste of money, because they think their love doesn’t need any paper certification or social drama. The reasons can be numerous depending upon different mental set-ups.
Need of modern world
Today many traditional communities are heading up in the world who opposes live-in relationships; they found it against their religious concerns and social foundations. But it has to be understood that the emotional bindings and relationships can never be pressed by power. Live-in concept is not a problem, it is just a thinking. And it has to be entertained rationally. If youth is getting more influenced with the concept, then ethical and legal communities of world must take some necessary steps to keep the concept original and rational. In spite of threatening people about live-in relationships, the need says to support and help the couples who are living together, so that one day they go for some healthier and more social relationship.
Live-in Vs Marriage
There are some couples (excluding gay and lesbian) who are living together from years but they still don’t want to get married. For avoiding unsuccessful live-in relationships and for all couples who are confused about getting married before and during live-in relations, here are some recommended steps which will help them to take some healthier decision –
• Take decision to live with each other seriously and with great care.
• Couples should be very clear about their expectations from each other before they go for living with each other. Why are you going for live-in relation? You should be very clear about this.
• Remember living with each other doesn’t make a guarantee that after this a guy will turn from somebody who says “I will never get married” to somebody who make purpose on his knees. Expectations should be limited and never try to improve your relation, just live-in because you have a smooth going relation.
• Don’t think that after living-in or after marriage your partner will change.
• Fix a time for living with each other. You should not waste too much of your time in trying to establish compatibility. If it is, it is and if it does not exist, accept that.
• Sign some agreement for live-in to handle finances and to set limits of physical relationships.
• Be clear with the fact that what is acceptable to you and what is not. It will help to have a rational decision about your partner.
• Avoid pregnancy, because in cohabitation relations the birth of children is found to be unwanted by both of the parents. Under these circumstances, it will be detrimental for future of child as well as for healthy relationship between the couple.
• Finally if you are deciding to go for marriage discus with each other that what will change and what will not.
• Listen to your heart and go for a decision for which you don’t need to blame anybody in future. Learn where to be emotional and where to be rational.
Media misprinted the report that couples who go for live-in relationships are more likely to divorce each other. But that is not true. Reports have been shown that the couples who go for live-in relationships are more opposite to divorce then the ones who marry without living with each other because of their social or religious concerns. It’s quite rational also because most of couples go for live-in relations because they hate to be divorced, so why they will do the same after marriage?
Well still the opposing communities are on the rock, and it is uncertain that the live-in concept is acceptable or not? But it is rooting up day by day and it needs ethical and legal concerns.