(1) Osama bin Laden: He was born in Riyadh in Saudi Arabia on 10 March, 1957(?) to a wealthy family with close ties to the Saudi Royals. Bin Laden attended a secular school and later studied engineering and public administration. He left the college in the third year to fight the Soviets in Afghanistan with the American help. He soon fell foul of the Americans when he realised that the Americans were no better and turned against them. He became a household name in 2001 when he organised (?) an attack which involved using hijacked American passenger jets to destroy American buildings. He is still at large defying the high-tech Americans forces.
(2) Joaquín Guzmán Loera: Also known as ‘El Chapo’, he is a drug lord who was born on 4 April, 1957 in Mexico. He became involved in drug trafficking in the 1980s. He is notorious for his sophisticated tunnels spread across the US-Mexico border to transport drugs to the United States. It is estimated that he earns around a million US-dollars a day. He has also been ranked the 41st most powerful person on the planet by the prestigious Forbes magazine.
(3) Alimzhan Tursunovich Tokhtakhounov: Tokhtakhounov was born on 1 January, 1949 in the Uzbek Soviet Socialist Republic. He tried to make a career in the Central Sports Army Club, Moscow, but wasn’t successful. He left the nation in the early 1900s to France and there, he involved himself in several illegal activities. He is mainly accused of organised crime, bribing officials and he is said to have contact with the Russian mafia. He was caught in Italy in 2004 but was later freed.
(4) Sheikh Dawood Ibrahim Kaskar: This south Asian don heads a criminal organisation called ‘D-Company’. Dawood Ibrahim was born on 26 December, 1955 in Maharashtra, India. The Forbes magazine ranked him the 50th most powerful person on the planet. His assets are supposed to be somewhere between 300,000 million – 900,000 million Indian rupees. His crime empire spreads across many nations including France, Germany, Nepal and the United States. He is supposed to have close links with the al-Qaeda.
(5) Matteo Messina Denaro: This Sicilian mafioso (member of a criminal society) became a national figure in Italy in 2001 when an Italian magazine L’Espresso published his photograph on its cover with the title underneath Ecco li nuovo capo della Mafia. (Here is the new boss of mafia.) He was born on 26 April, 1962 and murdered for the first time at the age of 18. He is estimated to have killed more than four dozen people and he has over 900 people under his command.
(6) Félicien Kabuga: He is multimillionaire Rwandan businessman who was born in 1935 in Byumba, Rwanda. He is accused of many finance-related frauds but his more serious crimes involve his involvement in the Rwandan genocide. He is currently living in Kenya.
(7) Joseph Kony: He is the head of a Ugandan Christian guerrilla organisation called Lord’s Resistance Army. LRA is notorious for kidnapping children. It is alleged that the LRA uses the children either as child soldiers or sex slaves. Kony’s organisation is also famous for mutilating the ears, noses or lips of its victims. Kony considers himself a true Christian and wants to establish a Christian nation in Uganda which will be governed according to the Holy Bible and the Ten Commandments.
(8) James Whitey Bulger: Born on 3 September, 1929 in Massachusetts in the United States. He is involved in many criminal activities ranging from narcotics, extortion, and money laundering to murder. He has been at large for more than a decade. The case of this old man shows how hard it can be to catch a criminal. It is said that he is using his black-money and high-profile contact to save himself from the police.
(9) Omid Tahvili: Connected to many international criminal organisations, Omid Tahvili was born in Iran on 31 October, 1970. He went to Canada in 1994 and there he involved himself with the underworld people. He has been accused of involvement in drug trafficking and money laundering and several other kinds of fraud. He is said to be living in Asia.
(10) Gustavo Nestor Sosa: He was born on 31 October, 1974 in Pcia de Buenos Aires in Argentina in South America. There is an arrest warrant against him by a court in the Santa Cruz, Argentina. He is been sought for his crimes which put the life and health of his victims in prejudice.